We will teach you exactly what you need to know in order to be a top tier building automation technician in less than 120 days completely online.
Students will leave this track with knowledge that usually takes 3+ years on-the-job in less than 120 days and will be prepared to take on any BAS Project they encounter. It takes the average BAS Technician 3+ years to be able to independently execute a project. Smart Buildings Academy cuts through the learning curve. To learn more, scroll down to the Description section.
Our Technician Training Path helps students to:
- Independently execute projects in as little as 3 months
- Complete all training online
- Go from zero knowledge to installing and configuring a fully functioning building automation system from scratch in less than 120 days.
Moving Through the Training Path:
Students will move through the following courses to complete the Technician Training Path. They can choose their preference of two options for their fourth course.
1. Building Automation Fundamentals will teach students:
- How a BAS works Common controls modes
- Control theory and practices.
2. Control Sequence Fundamentals will teach:
- How to interpret HVAC sequencing into controls theory
- How to think from a systems perspective in order to effectively implement control sequences.
3. Startup and Checkout covers how to:
- Perform job take-offs
- Line out installers
- Install and configure field controllers
- Setup and configure a full front-end including graphics, schedules, trends, and alarming
- How to gather all project documentation to create as-builts in order to close out the project.
4a. IT for BAS Professionals provides hands-on experience with:
- Networks Servers Databases APIs Cyber security
4b. BAS Programming covers how to:
- Create fully functional BAS programs from scratch using our design pattern methodology.
To buy these classes individually would total $4,996.00
Enjoy savings when you enroll in the Technician Path bundle for just $3,750.00
Looking to purchase multiple seats for this course?
For corporate pricing please email us or call 800-484-0113
Wondering if your employer will cover this training? Download our Request for Training Template and learn how to ask your employer.