[Limited to 24 of 25 Spots Enrollments are Per Person]
This is the second cohort of our BAS Sales Bootcamp.
To be clear this is not a sales course. This is a credibility course.
The purpose of this course is to assist you in developing the technical acumen so that you can walk into sales discussions and demonstrate technical competence.
You will also gain skills to increase the accuracy and speed of your sales estimating and scoping efforts.
Because this is only cohort #2 of this course we will be adjusting and adding content based on your feedback and questions. That is why you will have access to our learning management system to access these additional resources as we add them. That is also why this course is priced significantly lower than its final price of $999
How the Course Will Work
This course will be a combination of online and offline training.
You will have 9 live sessions, each lasting 1.5 hours. There will be a 1-hour teaching session followed by 30 minutes of Q&A.
You will then have optional videos, checklists, exercises, and cheatsheets for that session through our learning management system.
You will also have access to discussion forums to ask questions about this course.
After each session, you will need to take and pass a knowledge exam along with a final exam at the end of the course to get your course certificate.
In total, you can expect to spend 2 hours per day across 9 days to complete this course.
This does not count any time you spend rewatching videos or using the bonus content.
Over the series of nine 1.5-hour training sessions, you will learn:
Tuesday, Aug 10th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 1 Procurement and Projects
- Describe how BAS projects are procured
- Explain your role in the procurement and selection process
- Demonstrate an understanding of the phases of a construction project
Wednesday, Aug 11th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 2 Fundamentals of Building Automation
- Describe the elements of a building automation system
- Explain the different parts of a BAS and their function
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different capabilities of a BAS and how to use them in a solution
Thursday Aug 12th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 3 HVAC Sequencing
- Describe how HVAC functions throughout a building from the space to the central utility plant
- Explain the common parts of various HVAC systems and how a BAS will interact with them
- Demonstrate an awareness of the BAS requirements for various HVAC systems
Tuesday, Aug 17th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 4 IT Fundamentals
- Describe the parts of common IT systems and how they interact with a BAS
- Explain the structure of an IT department and who you need to influence
- Demonstrate an understanding of common IT requirements for a BAS system
Wednesday, Aug 18th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 5 Scoping and Takeoffs
- Describe how to perform takeoffs
- Explain the key steps in the takeoff process
- Demonstrate the ability to perform a basic takeoff using project documents
Thursday, Aug 19th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 6 Estimating Strategies
- Describe how to perform sales estimates
- Explain the key steps in the sales estimating process
- Demonstrate the ability to create a basic estimate using project documents
Tuesday, Aug 24th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 7 Existing Site Analysis
- Describe how to perform a site analysis
- Explain the key steps in the site analysis process
- Demonstrate the ability to perform a basic analysis using site documents
Wednesday, Aug 25th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 8 Retrofit Sales Strategies
- Describe the retrofit sales process and its risks
- Explain the key steps of a retrofit sale and your role
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze documents to create a retrofit scope
Thursday, Aug 26th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
Session 9 Solution Sales Strategies
- Describe the solution sale process and its risks
- Explain the key steps to a solution-oriented sale
- Demonstrate the ability to provide guidance on high-level BAS solutions
You will get access to your instructor through the live training sessions and a dedicated course that contains downloads, recordings, and discussion forums.
Phil Zito CEO of Smart Buildings Academy will be leading you in this live interactive course. Phil has extensive experience managing building automation teams and selling complex technical controls solutions. During his time leading the Technical Integration Program at Johnson Controls Phil was involved in highly complex solutions sales.
Phil will bring his experience in operations and sales coupled with his renowned ability to communicate and educate. Through this course and direct live interaction, Phil will empower you with the ability to walk into customer sites and confidently message around technical solutions.