Design Certificate Program
In 120-150 days, our designer track will teach you how to create controls submittals and designs that get approved the first time. Submittals are the lifeblood of building automation projects. Without approved submittals, you cannot start ordering materials or executing projects. Yet the controls designer role continues to be a bottleneck at most companies with the average BAS designer taking 5+ years to train. Students get to choose from two options for the Design Certificate Program: IT Option or Protocol Option.
Our Designer Certificate Program helps students to:
- Independently design controls submittals from scratch in as little as 3 months
- Complete all training online
- Go from zero knowledge to managing the submittal design process in less than 120 days.
Moving Through the Certificate Program - The Curriculum:
Students will follow the curriculum below to complete the Designer Certificate Program. This bundle includes 4 of the following courses. Students can choose their preference of two options for their third course (3a or 3b). Please click the titles of the courses below to learn more about them.
1. Building Automation Fundamentals - BAS100 will teach students:
- How a BAS works
- Common controls modes
- Control theory and practices
2. Control Sequence Fundamentals - BAS200 will teach:
- How to interpret HVAC sequencing into controls theory
- How to think from a systems perspective in order to effectively implement control sequences.
3a. Information Technology for BAS Professionals - BASIT100 provides hands-on experience with:
3b. BAS Protocol Bootcamp - BAS210 provides an understanding of:
4. BAS Advanced Design - DES100 covers how to:
Review construction documents
Create controls submittals
Engineer system and controller layouts
Create closeout documents.
Want to purchase multiple seats for this program?
For corporate pricing please email us or call 800-484-0113